As with most businesses, you may spend more time working in, rather than on your business.
We can help you focus on your core business goals without utilising resources on the smaller tasks or projects which fall by the wayside.
We can provide the support required and can be a strong, trusted business partner for the future.
We want to help you work towards achieving your goals.
Our experienced professional services team can relieve you of the pressure allowing you to get on with the important job of dealing with clients and growing your businesses.
+44 (0)1481 753475About our expert
What we can offer you:
At Grant Thornton we have been supporting the professional services sector in the Channel Islands for over 40 years. As a member firm of Grant Thornton International we also have access to the expertise of other member firms in over 143 countries.
We understand how to successfully manage your firm, at whatever stage of the business lifecycle it is:
- Start Up
and we can tailor our services to your specific needs.
Helping businesses grow
The 6-Box framework enables wider and more meaningful conversations, through understanding the strategic opportunities and challenges organisations face.
The 6-Box approach, can be used to create a detailed action plan to help develop businesses, by focusing and directing growth from six key areas.
As a professional services practice, it is often said that you are only as good as your people. Your people are your product and your service. It is important that at all levels your people help create a positive culture, they are well motivated, understand their roles, take their time to understand the needs of their clients and make sure that these needs are met at every client touch point. We can help assist you to create a positive culture, promote wellbeing and provide you with the tools to ensure a positive client experience every time
We can help you specifically with:
- Investors in People Wellbeing audits and accreditation
- Staff Training and development programmes
- Client service delivery questionnaire programmes
- Counselling, coaching and development initiatives
An effective professional services practice will need effective and efficient processes.
These are not just limited to the financial workflows.
Process improvement is a key feature of many Grant Thornton Software applications. These applications serve to automate processes that are added into the software suite.
Once the processes are run via the software, our managers and directors can then see where improvements are needed within the process by looking at process completion times involved.
Professional practices rely on systems to deliver effortless and seamless business support.
The use of technology is a crucial component in delivering a high-quality service. We have expertise in the Channel Islands on data integrity, information security and technological improvements.
With the quantity of information available to us, utilising the right information is key. Business Intelligence systems help draw out the important analysis of data to aid decision making.
Accounting services offered
The Business Advisory team carry out a multitude of assignments and projects, some of which include:
- Annual accounts preparation
- Payroll services
- Monthly/quarterly management accounts preparation
- Monthly bookkeeping on various accounting software
- Billing and collection
- Outsourcing services to a range of businesses for the provision of bookkeeping and accounting
- Provision and support of senior members of the team to report to the Board on all financial matters
- Outsourcing of client accounting functions.
You will benefit from:
- Staff who are experienced
- Individuals who have experience in using various accounting software platforms
- A team used to working within agreed time frames.
- A team who are experienced with the preparation of accounts under UK GAAP and IFRS and other accounting frameworks
- Access to our technical skills
- A team you can trust
- A bespoke service
- Agreed pricing and billing method
- A team flexible to your needs.
A focus on payroll
Getting your payroll calculated correctly is probably one of the most important tasks within your business. It’s one of those services which can sometimes be underestimated.
If you get it right, it’s expected. If it goes wrong, you definitely know about it!
Some businesses don’t have the capacity to dedicate resources to understanding and keeping up to date with the relevant tax and social security legislations. We are here to help. Some businesses choose to outsource this function to reduce their risk and focus on what they do best. We too, are here to help. No matter how big or small your employee base is, whether you pay weekly, fortnightly, four-weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually, we can help support this process.
What can we do:
- Guernsey and Jersey payroll processing
- Guernsey and Jersey monthly and quarterly submissions
- E-payslips (or paper based if preferred)
- Secure data transmission utilising our client portal
- Supporting with electronic salary payments to employees and the relevant Authorities
We can provide access to our tax department who has vast experience in local and international taxation matters who currently assist with a number of professional services businesses. They regularly deal with complex tax structuring matters along with providing training and support on FATCA, CRS and substance reporting requirements.