The Valuations team has wide experience in valuations of private companies.
We serve enterprises of all types and sizes, covering a wide range of financial services businesses.
We believe valuations should not be made as the result of a mechanical process alone. We use a variety of methodologies and techniques in deriving a valuation, but we also exploit our local market experience and apply our judgement to give our clients the quality of valuation advice they demand. As each valuation is unique, valuation work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility and innovation, which we pride ourselves on being able to offer.
We provide advice and solutions in the following areas:
- We give commercial advice to companies, partnerships and individuals on valuations in the context of acquisitions, disposals, mergers and restructuring proposals across the financial services sector.
- For taxation purposes we undertake and review valuations
- We also specialise in intellectual property cases advising on the valuation of items such as trademarks, brand names, know-how, customer lists, patents and licences
- We offer dispute resolution services and work with forensic investigators, providing valuation advice within the field of dispute resolution, litigation support and expert valuations
- We assist on regulatory and accounting matters, with advice on valuations required by Accounting Standards, including purchase price allocation, impairment testing and valuation of financial instruments including share options and other derivatives.