An impressive local firm but with strong international links
As a firm we have been operating in Guernsey and Jersey for over 30 years serving local businesses and individuals.
Our experience locally is extensive and we offer a complete range of accounting, finance and business services tailored to your specific needs and in all business sectors, from small owner-managed businesses to large local trading groups, international investment and trading companies, and owner managed companies in the finance sector.
Irrespective of the type of business you are in, or how long you have been in it, you will require a helping hand from time to time and we can provide you with the “mandatory” business services that everyone needs to ensure their business runs smoothly.
From our team of experts we can also provide you with specialist support as your business progresses through each stage of its life, in short we give you the time so you can get on with what you do best.
Whether starting a new business or taking over an existing one, we can provide key financial support services. In addition to the incorporation of your business we can assist in raising finances. Valuation of a new business is essential, and we can support you in your price negotiations. A good business plan is vital for businesses old and new, and we have the skills to help you through that process too.
As your business grows you will be faced with many challenges. Obtaining the right staff is a skilled and important task. You may have need for assistance and guidance relating to your accountancy systems or business protection. Growth, monitoring of costs and income will never be far from your mind. Let us help you with any of these specialist areas.
Growing and expanding
Growth brings with it a multiplicity of challenges and Grant Thornton can help support you with the expansion of your business including refinancing and acquisition. Control and risk management will be paramount through each process, something we are familiar with.
Managing wealth and making it work is a primary objective and through our network of contacts we are well placed to assist you in all areas from investment and pensions to your potential exit or disposal of the business.
Services at a glance
Audit and Assurance
- Financial statement audits
- Interim reviews of financial statements
- Verification and confirmation, services to third parties including covenant testing and reporting to lenders and investors
- Regulatory compliance reviews and advice
- SAS 70 and AAF01/06 reports
- Reviews of corporate governance arrangements and internal audit services
Accounting and Business Support
- Financial statement preparation, management accounting, budgeting, projections and cash flow forecasting, information and communication
- Technology advice, including implementation of accounting systems. We assist clients with raising finance and developing strategies to expand their business
We also offer full outsourcing services and deliver accounting and payroll functions. We provide a full range of business support services to all industry sectors from a number of service providers with whom we work closely.
Our tax team delivers taxation advisory and compliance services and we are experienced in:
- Providing tax advice for entities, operating cross borders with specific expertise in Guernsey, Jersey and UK tax matters
- Evaluating and advising on the implications of specific transactions and contracts
- Undertaking tax studies or research
- Undertaking tax compliance work
We pride ourselves on our passion for serving our clients and our people - and we’re being recognised as a result!